- Tokyo Dome hosted WBC in 2006, 2009, 2013
- Home of the Yomiuri Giants of the NPB and regularly hosts a number of international sporting events
- Tokyo Dome opened on March 17, 1988, and is Japan's first domed stadium
- Tokyo Dome hosted MLB Opening Series in 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2012
- Overall Capacity: 46,000
- Playing surface: Artificial turf
Don't get the idea that Japan and the Netherlands are the same as the teams that lost to Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, respectively, in the WBC 2013 semifinals at San Francisco's AT&T Park. They're not. They're better.
Japan completed an undefeated run through the first two rounds of the World Baseball Classic with an 8-3 win over Israel on Wednesday, sending the two-time champions back to the semifinals for the fourth consecutive tournament.